SC - A Question and an Offer

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Sun Mar 18 19:42:43 PST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Daniel Phelps wrote:

> First the question,   What do elderflowers, used in that elderflower cheese
> cake discussed a while back, actually taste like?   Is it an anise flavor?

I've used it in Sambocade (Forme of Cury), is that the one?. There the
fresh flowers add a fresh, slightly tart flavour, a bit like lemon, but
defintitley not.  When dried I feel they add less, even if they still
are nice. Not quite like anything else I've tried, so I would be
hesitant to fake it using something else. Your local health food store
might have the flowers dried, btw; ours do.

/UlfR
 who one of those years *will* remember to gather bagfulls of fresh
flowers and freeze them

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
If your operating system goes down more often than your girlfriend, then
either you need to get a Catholic girl, or you need to stop running NT.