SC - My kingdom for a hobby

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 19 13:46:00 PST 2001

> My kingdom for a hobby
> by Alex Mortimer
> The Ottawa XPress
>
> Things I learned during an hour in a suit of armour with the Society of
> Creative Anachronism...

<snip>

> There are people who have translated the English language into Klingon.

Yeah, my husband is one of those people.  He has too many hobbies, I think.

> I don't want to share a tent with anyone who can speak Klingon.

I do!  <evile grynne>

Obligatory food content:  despite what you may have seen on Star Trek, modern
day Klingon enthusiasts are extremely difficult to persuade to eat food that is
still alive.  Milord husband weaselled out of going with me for Dancing Shrimp.
[Manhattan, corner of 57th and 6th I think, right across from Carnegie Hall
anyway.  We were not neither running THAT late to visit my auntie!]  Most of
them will only eat "gummy gach" and that's about it.  Sheesh.  Some macho space
dudes.

Selene