SC - My kingdom for a hobby

Tue Mar 20 06:41:13 PST 2001

Kefir is another alcoholic beverage made from milk.  Depending on the source
of the definition, kumiss is made from mare or camel's milk, kefir is made
from camel or cow's milk.  Both words are of Turkic extraction.

I would point out that cultured buttermilk and yogurt are products of
fermentation and fall into the same category.

Bear