SC - Eating Utensils website

Wed Mar 21 11:04:49 PST 2001

I believe someone on the list commented that the earliest forks known in
England are from the excavations of Danish York, however nothing is known
about how they were used.

For a short, but interesting piece on forks quoting Coryate, try:

http://www.byu.edu/ipt/projects/middleages/LifeTimes/TableFork.html

Bear