SC - Bidding for Feast

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Mar 26 12:21:30 PST 2001

> A friend of mine did a feast for the same group a couple of years ago.  She
> complained to me about her out-of-pocket expenses.  I never did hear if she
> was reimbursed.  I cannot personally afford to foot any expenses other than
> site and travel.

This is an important thing to consider. Before you bid for a feast, be
sure that you will be able to get 'cash advances' against your feast
budget, especially if the group may be short of funds.

> >The group. I'd be horrified to hear that a _cook_ working to an
> >approved budget would get hit for overruns in any normal
> >circumstances.
> What I am trying to determine is how important the bid price is in the
> bidding process.  I could have underestimated pricing knowing the group
> would bail me out.

$25 isn't that much, unless the group is broke. It may simply be that they
liked the other menu better, or felt more comfortable with the other
cook bidding.

On the other hand, groups that say that they won't automatically pay for
overage are basically trying to avoid having people do the 'underestimate
pricing and have the group bail me out' thing.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."