SC - OOP - "White List" question

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 21:15:35 PST 2001

Gentles,

I know this may be a bit out of period, but I just
heard about this, and had to pop the question out onto
the list (knowing that there are at least a few out
there who are into gardening and heirloom plants...)

Has anyone heard anything about the National Invasive
Species Council's "White List"?  From what I can
gather, it is a proposal (at this stage) to form a
list of approved, non-invasive species of plants,
which would prohibit the cultivation, propogation and
importation of any other plant NOT on the list.  The
papers I have read on it have been pretty one-sided
(maybe justifiable), and I have not yet been able to
access the actual, official government documents.  So,
if there is anyone out there with more information,
and you would like to discuss this, please feel free
to drop me a line off-list.

My greatest fear is that HOPS and BARLEY will somehow
NOT make it onto the list, and then we will ALL be in
a very large world of hurt.... :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who is actually more concerned about this situation
than he lets on...)