SC - Candied Ginger question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:48:13 PST 2001

Greetings all.  While I have been gearing up for upcoming feasts, dessert
boards, Baronial (pavillion) hospitality, and the Queens Brunch I have been
busy doing all the small things including making candied ginger.  For some
reason mine turned dark.  I'm thinkin it was the thin-ness I cut the pieces
but then I set them to drying on cookie sheets and put them on a window sill
above above the heating pipes (kinda like a radiator except industrial).
Have any comments?  Should I add fruit fresh or something?

The white grape raisins are coming out wonderful BTW and perhaps Thursday I
shall begin making up some of the fruit paste candies and start on the
marzipan....now where did I put those molds...?  Folks have already begun
saving their citrus peels for me and perhaps Sunday is candy the cranberries
day.

I just love this time of year!