SC - the menu was Bidding for Feast - Winner's comments

Tue Mar 27 12:06:21 PST 2001

In Oklahoma, Walmart has about the best price on frozen fish.  Whiting is
available in bulk year round.  Other white fish are occasionally available
in bulk.  And some of the more esoteric items drop in price when there is a
glut on the market.

Ansteorrans will eat fish.  Many years ago, pickled fish is sour cream was a
staple of Northern Ansteorran feasts and last fall I served whiting with an
apple and wine sauce which was well received.  On the restaurant scene,
catfish filets and nuggets are common.  I think the problem may be a lack of
practice in bringing palatable fish dishes to the feast table.

I also believe Morgan reserved the right to prepare a fish dish for the
meal, if suitable ingredients could be found at a reasonable price.  So fish
may make it into the meal.

Bear

But could you slip a cheese or egg