SC - poison in peach pits

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 07:17:54 PST 2001

- --- Nisha Martin <nishamartin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi-
> Didnt you ever see arsenic and old lace? They
> poisoned
> someone by putting arsenic (which has an almond
> taste
> evidently) into the tea they had at tea everyday. I
> do
> believe that it's cyanide that is in almonds tho.

Yeah, I think it's cyanic acid or some such...very
small amounts, though, and nothing to concern yourself
with.

Maybe one of the botanical wonders on this list could
answer this for me... Don't all red fruits and
vegetables contain trace amounts of cyanide, as well?
It seems to me that i recall reading that long, long
ago.  Or not...

Balthazar of Blackmoor