SC - OT, OOP, Chemo (Was poison in peach pits)

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 08:44:09 PST 2001

- --part1_7e.12dd5666.27f36ed9_boundary

In a message dated 3/28/01 9:02:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

> While I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, and please don't take what I'm
> about to say the wrong way. That said, the way you've told the story I'd
> say
> they killed him with the Chemo by assuming he wasn't doing anything else
> while he wasn't coming in for that.
>
> The whole idea of Chemo is to poison the cancer and hope that it dies
> before
> you do. Having seen the results (SEVERAL times), I won't say that they'll
> never get their hands on me, but it would take a lot of persuasion.
>
> Corwyn

No, Corwyn, I wouldn't take the wrong way. There was  a little more to it
than that. I skimmed. He had been on Chemo for several months...I believe the
first two installments six weeks apart. Then, during the respite before the
third trial, he decided to take himself out of the program. He went to
Mexico. The Chemo was not really working, he believed...and this was his
fifth bout in eight years. He was looking for miracles, and went to Mexico to
get one. The docs had said they weren't sure the chemo would save him this
time. So....he goes to Mexico, has the "washing" and came back. It was the
first time in a long time he had appeitite, etc. He went out drinking to
celebrate. With other friends. One of them had a car accident that he was a
passenger with, and he was unconcious when they got him to hospital. He woke,
and they got his brief history, and then they sedated him again for surgery
to repair some broken bones. Chemo patients have fragile bones. For some
reason, they decided he should go ahead with chemo that he was scheduled
for...and he hadn't mentioned being in Mexico. Less than 48 hours into
treatment he had massive allergic reaction and died. His parents hadn't been
notified as they were out of town. So they came back to find him passed away.
He was 20, almost 21... Had been with cancer since 13. The parents sued, and
the hospital settled, and issued the warning as part of the settlement. There
was also the fact that he was 20...not 21....and they shouldn't have
proceeded with *anything* without the parents permission other than the
emergency surgery because of his being a minor. But basically, it changed the
rules of procedure at the hospital, which, ultimately, would be a good thing
for others.

Lars

- --part1_7e.12dd5666.27f36ed9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ff80c0"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/28/01 9:02:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,