SC - poison in peach pits

William E. Lyon lyonsden at htcomp.net
Wed Mar 28 10:18:23 PST 2001

Good people,

My mistake about the type of poison...mea culpa, however there is a small
amount
in bitter almonds. And the amount that will hurt you depends on the persons
physical tolerances.  My statement is just a cautionary one.  It seems to me
that I read something about getting rid of a enemy with a sweet, made of
bitter almond paste....

Respectfully
Ealasaid
hi-
Didnt you ever see arsenic and old lace? They poisoned
someone by putting arsenic (which has an almond taste
evidently) into the tea they had at tea everyday. I do
believe that it's cyanide that is in almonds tho. VERY
small, trace amounts. I do know that the inner seed,
(bitter almonds) of the peach pits are poison, but I
also know there are liquers and flavorings that are
bitter almond based.
nisha

    Arsenic? That's a poisonous element - I suspect
you're thinking of
Cyanide, which is a naturally produced compound.