SC - Foods high in B-17

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 13:58:30 PST 2001

Part of the problem with B-17 (it isn't legal to sell it in the US) is that
it is removed from the food that it is naturally occurring in, and taken in
mega-doses.  While not a cure-all treatment, eating foods that have high
amounts of these foods can be considered a hedge against cancers.  Millet is
one food that is very high in B-17 and other B vitamins, and is reccommended
as part of an anti-cancer diet, as well as 6 raw almonds a day.  Many, many
supplemental items are treated in this same way, and we, as Americans,
thinking that if some is good, more must be better, readily take much more
than we need.  Most vitamins are flushed out of our system, making for
nothing much more menacing than expensive urine, but some things like the
fat-soluble vitamins (A,E,D,K?) are not as flushable, and taking too much
Vit. A can cause problems with your liver.
Eating a diet rich in whole foods is a much better way of getting said
supplements, although some supplementation is considered necessary due to
over-planting and soil depletion, stress, pollution, etc.
Christianna
mundanely a Health Educator