SC - Local meat prices - OOP

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Mar 28 17:17:40 PST 2001

>When I said "dressed" I meant cut up, vaccuum packed in clear wrap to your
>specifications and ready for the freezer.  And, the prices I used were on
>the high side of the estimate.  It just depends on what lambs are selling
>for on April 20th.
>I noted leg of lamb selling for $5.99 per pound at a local grocery store
>today.

Hmm.  Thats still A$24 per kg, here it's A$4.99 per kg for a leg.  Mind you,
the $US has much more spending power even over there at the moment.  But, even
taking spending power into consideration, lamb is a little more than twice as
cheap here.  Considering how many million sheep we have here, that's not
surprising.

Drake.