SC - leg of lamb recipe

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Mar 29 04:54:41 PST 2001

At 12:52 AM 3/29/01 -0600, you wrote:
>So what is your recipe? Leg of lamb appears to be one of the expensive
>cuts of meat, but it sounds like it might be good. Of course, lamb is
>one of those things I've been unable to convince my wife to try, so I
>will probably be eating it for awhile but it might be nice to try
>sometime.

I pierce the leg at intervals and insert slivers of garlic.  Then rub all
over with olive oil and rub in basil, salt and pepper.  Preheat the oven to
425 degrees. Put the lamb on a roasting rack - one of the wire-looking
kind. Bake for 20 minutes then turn the oven down to 350 and continue to
bake to desired doneness.  I usually end up baking mine an addition 1 1/2
hours.  DO NOT overcook lamb.  It gets nasty when it's cooked too long.

Liadan