SC - Re: Very OT/OOP - chefs & appeal

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 17:04:20 PST 2001

>>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:17:44 +1000
>>From: "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
>>Subject: SC - chefs & sex appeal!
>
>>Antonio's not too bad. To digress, I have Elizabeth David's Italian
>>Cookbook. Absolutely fantastic.  A must have for the well read cook.
>
>Weeell, yes, but I have this dog-eared copy I picked up at a school fete. I
>love the fact that it is pre-loved. But I prefer Bread & Yeast Cookery.
>
>>>ps. Maybe I might write a cookbook after Festival.  Yeah, who am I
>>>kidding, I mean who'd publish me, having no sex appeal and all that...
>>>":)~
>>

>You shameless fisher for compliments, you! I am not commenting, Mel might do
>me serious harm.

I wasn't fishing...  honest...

However - you publish, I'm sure I can think of a food
>editor who'd review it ... But are you serious? Food history book? Tell me
>more (scenting possible story here...)

Um, no.  I'd like to write a food history book (bit a fantasy of mine) but I
lack the following:

1) A good grounding in writing (I only got a C- in creative writing in yr11)
2) A idea
3) Time to actually write it.

There is a cooking shop here with an auditorium that will allow me to teach a
cooking class on Sunday arvo (they wont pay me - but I'd be cool) but I must
work on my public speaking and the class notes first.

Any idea what publishers are looking for in a cookbook?

Cheers,

Drakey.

>As for the good news - thanks muchly. How did you hear?

You sent Mel and I an email (unless you've had more than one good bit of news
lately...)