SC - OT, OOP, Chemo&JMS

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 11:26:19 PST 2001

>In a message dated 3/30/01 10:10:08 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
>selene at earthlink.net writes:
>>The Hon. Lady Eyana bat David had her hair fall out during chemo about a
>>year and a half ago.  Her monumental lemonade-making response was to
>>make a full court Centari gown for the next sci-fi convention and make
>>sure that Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski saw it and knew why.
>>I think he teared up, and said that this makes it all worth it.
>
>Man, I would have loved to have seen that. JMS tends to get not many cudos
>lately...and totally, totally off topic, did you hear that in August his new
>series will be starting? They have the Rangers movie coming out and that is
>the pilot for what should be the Ranger/Crusade pickup. On Sci-Fi of course.
>I'm so excited. Now I *really* have a reason to go get digital cable or
>satelite again....
>
>Lars

That's very touching what Lady Eyana bat David did. Kudos to her.

Now, so this is so waaaay off topic. But at least the title is a warning.

Anyway...

I don't watch much TV very regularly. At most maybe 4 hours a week
quite a few years ago. I watched ST:NG and ST:DS9 when they were both
on. When Bab5 came on, i dropped ST:NG. When i got into X-Files, i
dropped ST:DS9.

I was aggrieved when Bab5 moved to cable. While i'm a big fan of Bab5
(but not a fanatic) and Straczynski's way of presenting a show with
real development of plot and relationships among characters, 1 hour
per week doesn't make it worth the money for me to get cable. And i
don't believe i really *need* to watch more TV than i do.

These days i only watch 1 hour regularly (X-Files). (i do irregularly
watch some PBS shows). I don't know what i'll be watching next year
(X-Files won't be the same without the Mulder-Scully relationship),
maybe "The Lone Gunmen"...

Ob Food Content: Then again, if i got cable i could watch "Iron Chef"...

Anahita
who saw ONE Iron Chef when visiting her mother who does get cable
because it's the only way she can get any TV stations.