SC - Verjuice

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Mar 31 05:24:52 PST 2001

re: storebought verjuice

just like wine and anything else, the brand you use will greatly change
your end product, of course! The Fusion Foods stuff (available through Dean
and DeLucca and other upscale mail order stores) is very tart and ascerbic,
especially when compared to the stuff we got from the Navarra winery in
Northern California, which was rather sweet.

I find the "sour grape juice" from middle eastern markets rather sour, but
lacking in the ascerbic quality from the Fusion Foods brand as well.

vinegar/grape juice substitutions make take care of the sweet/tart factor,
but do they carry the ascerbic quality? how can you duplicate that without
adding a ground up aspirin tablet? :)

just my experience,
- --Anne-Marie