SC - Non-member submission - Re:Lenten feast for non-christian characters

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Mar 2 16:31:45 PST 2001

> Isn't Lent a Catholic institution???

Well, it was certainly an institution of the 'universal church' when there
was one, and the church at Roman/Anjou, the Church at Byzantium and the
Church in Greece and Moscow all did the Lenten thing; so did the
Lutherans and the Church of England, though I don't know about the
Calvinists.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."