SC - OOP - Eggplant

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 16:52:25 PST 2001

>Christine A Seelye-King wrote:
>>  My lord loves sushi and I do not.  I have discovered a dish that I do
>>  like, however, it's called Pagoda Miso Seared Salmon.  There are layers
>>  of various grilled things, including the miso-seared salmon, and also
>>  eggplant slices that have also been smeared with miso and grilled.  I
>>  would say it was one of the lighter, sweeter misos, rather than the
>>  darker red one used on the fish.  It would make a good dish by itself, I
>>  would think.
>  > Christianna

To add to the mix, i found:
from
http://www.pathfinder.com/FoodWine/trecipes/3663.html

- -----

Miso-Glazed Salmon
SERVINGS: 8

1/4 cup red miso paste, available at Asian groceries and health-food stores.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Eight 5-ounce skinless salmon fillets
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 large scallions, thinly sliced

1. In a small bowl, whisk the miso paste with the canola and sesame
oils, honey, vinegar and soy sauce. In a large, shallow glass or
ceramic dish, pour the miso marinade over the salmon fillets and turn
to coat completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at
least 30 minutes or for up to 1 hour.

2. Light a grill and lightly brush it with oil. Lift the salmon
fillets from the glaze and sprinkle both sides with the sesame seeds.
Grill over a moderately hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or
until lightly charred and just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to
a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve.

                               -- Daniel Bruce

- -----

Salmon miso-yaki is a sorta traditional dish - i don't think the
salmon are Japanese, but miso-yaki style cooking in goes back a ways.

Anahita