SC - feasting and religion (longish)

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Sat Mar 3 09:08:08 PST 2001

    You can make Jalapeno wine same as anything else, and yes, it's hot. It
usually doesn't hit you for a few seconds, and then everything between your
nose and bellybutton lights up. Actually, it's not such a great wine, but
it's a HELL of a meat marinade! I made a jerked pork butt one time that had
been marinating in the stuff for 3 days, and it did wonders for the depth
and complexity of the flavor. Of course, I needed a hazmat suit to cook it .
. .
    One fellow had made a batch and was running around getting people to try
it, mostly to watch their eyes cross and faces start glowing bright red.
Then he handed the mug to a girl who took a swig, but didn't swallow
immediately. She suddenly realized she had a mouthful of lava, and did the
only sensible thing . . . sprayed it back in his face rather explosively. To
this day, I don't think she did it consciously, but the rest of us were
quite gratified anyway!
    I've never brewed it myself, but Master Jarnakr does a good one, and
I've seen recipes for Jalapeno wine on some of the various brewing / vinting
sites.

    Sieggy