SC - fast-day food

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:36:40 PST 2001

Hello the List!

Thanks to the gentle who pointed out that Lenten food is actually easier for
those with religious dietary restrictions to handle (unless of course they
follow the Pythagorean cult - whose restrictions, according to my husband,
arise from their habit of meeting in caves...).

Last year I gave a 'feast' for 7 guests here on the research station (I'm
amazed I could find that many who were interested!  Pity they've all moved
away), who included among their number:
3 Jewesses-who-could-stand-my-pots, 2 Mormons, 2 vegetarians (one could eat
fish), 2 hypoglycaemics.  My solution?  I gave the feast on a Friday and
provided appropriate fast-day food.  Result, a very happy and impressed
group of often marginalised eaters.  I'll certainly do that again if the
need arises.

Cairistiona