SC - feasting and religion (longish)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Mar 6 06:42:16 PST 2001

> Where did I read this idea, or a variant thereof, around this time last
> year? Was it on this list? Essentially the idea that, once again, the
> Evil Catholic Church tried to assert their patronizing control over
> every single aspect of the lives of innocent but inherently intelligent
> peasants, by forcing them to engage in the type of pre-harvest
> conservation that they would have observed in any case, had they not
> been so patronized...

*giggle* Well, there you go... after all in times of shortage, it isn't
the peasants who are going to be eating the rare things, after all. And
the wealthy have never really shown a practical streak in terms of what
they demand, have they?

- -- Jadwiga (who is trying very hard to banish the word bourgeois from her
vocabulary...)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."