now really OT Re: SC - list newbie/Seasonal food.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Mar 6 13:43:58 PST 2001

It has been a number of years since I was a practising Episcopalian, but I seem
to remember that they believe in consubstantiation.  However, I don't think they
are a "members only" group.  I believe that the main desire is that the person
particpating in the rite be sincere in their belief.  Under the circumstances, I
doubt that anyone would criticize you for this act...as it was done without any
intent of harm or any other negative connotation.

As was stated in another message, next time, if you find yourself at the altar,
just decline the wafer and wine.  Better yet, simply step aside and let the
person behind you proceed past you to take Communion.

Kiri