SC - Re: Librarians, and a bulgur question

Bethany Public Library betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Wed Mar 7 11:56:00 PST 2001

Moi aussi. PaLA, 'cause ALA is too expensive---we just LOST a library tax
iniative, and they can't afford to pay much of anything, let alone expensive
dues. Sigh. I think of keeping this library up and running as an expensive
hobby, much like the SCA.  I'm a Library Director and Jill of all trades, of
the oldest library in my county (65 years), in one of the oldest buildings
in the county (203 yrs). But we're small, very very small, and it's a
struggle. One of my staff just quit and I can't afford to replace her, so
it's back to working some evenings. At least I have more time to read the
list on the QT! Hey, we're actually automating late this year! No more
signing little cards for your library books <<and there was great
rejoicing>>.

Cheers

Aoife