SC - And speaking of happy dances...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 09:01:31 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Congratulations to both Lady Devra and Lady Brighid. Both of these
> awards were well deserved.

Much as I hate me-too posts -- ME TOO!  Huzzah and all that, well done!  If you
bend too close to the cooking spinnages you will have Green Sleeves, all my joy!
<ow, sorry>

> I thought Lady Devra already had an AoA. I suspect that so did many
> other folks and she got caught in a not-uncommon situation.

Aye, sigh.  But you know, I'd much rather be one of those than "ewww, why did
they give it her HER of all people..."  and I'd rather be a has-been to a
never-was.

Elsewhere in this thread, Lady Brighid wrote:

>I have heard of people taking up new arts in order to enter more
>categories at an A&S competition.  I do not know if they had fun
>doing so.  The only circumstance in which I could imagine taking
>up an art I didn't enjoy would be to fill some kind of obligation -- if
>something was needed for a baronial project, or a gift for someone
>special.

Guilty as charged, and Yes, it's fun!  I once entered the Caid Pentathalon in
five different arts I had not tried before. No cooking at all!  I made a banner
[which was later stolen from in front of my house, goodness knows why?], read
poetry aloud [I have crippling stage fright], built an Irish targe shield, some
other stuff I had not done before.  Took second place in a couple of them.  I
like a challenge.  I had a Laurel come up to me and say he never would have done
something like that, and he meant it as a compliment.   That made my day.

Dare to Dabble!

Selene
avowed dabbler
selene at earthlink.net