SC - Moths

Jill James j_djames at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 12 13:23:27 PST 2001

Once I had a moth infestation in my pantry.  It was loathsome.  I threw
away everything that I thought even MIGHT have eggs laid in it, wiped
off everything before it went back in with Simple Green (Fantastic or
some other surfectant-loaded cleaner might work as well.) to remove the
pheromones that I could, and wiped the shelves also.  I then placed
several small cedar cubes (bought from a local drug store) on each shelf
and that was the end of that.

Cedar is a well known moth repellent, it works well, and might even be
documentable.  When were chests first made from cedar?  Biblical times?

Jill