SC - Moths

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 15:44:50 PST 2001

I've had infestations by two different kinds of critters - neither
recently. I've had moths that get into carbohydrate-y things in paper
bags and cardboard boxes, and beetles that get into so many different
things, from grain based foods to spices - they love chili, paprika,
etc.

I believe i got the beetles in some food stuffs i bought in an Indian
market. The moths just live in my area, as far as i have been able to
determine.

I put all my spices in glass jars with screw on lids - that way if i
bring home more critters, they stay in the jar and don't get into
other stuff. I also began putting my grain products in containers
with tight lids. I'm pretty sure the beetles can chew through a
plastic bag, but the moths can't.

Anahita