SC - I. alba-OOP for Europe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 10:42:12 PST 2001

In a message dated 3/16/01 10:46:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jugglethis at yahoo.com writes:

<< I recently planted a "Mysterious Moon Plant" (a plant
 which forms large trumpet flowers which open at
 night), and it is doing quite well.  >>

If the plant is indeed I. alba then it is a species of morning glory and
grows into an immense vine. It also forms a tuber , which in mild climates,
will resprout and grow the next year. (Several vines, including sweet potato
and jacama) have this characteristic. I plant I. alba each year in my climate
zone mixed with heavenly blue morning glories giving the trellis a carpet of
blue flowers during the day followed with the large white trumpets of the
moon flower in the evening. Magnificent plant, IMO.

Ras