SC - non-member submission - Re: SC mashing favas (food mill styles)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:33:46 PST 2001

>Actually, as you can see, the recipe says to use a mortar - I thought about
>it, but it looked like far too much work, however it would probably have
>resulted in smooth beans >Normally, I consider my Mouli to be between a
>potato masher and a blender in
>terms of mashing, but I usually prefer it to a blender for actual pureeing
>-
>well, did, before the finest blade lost its edge! *sigh*
>
>Gwynydd

How about a seive?  Has anyone tried a seive?  I have a great big one that
stands on sturdy legs and would handle quite a load at once.

Well, as I said before, when I made this dish for Trial by Fire and it was
made again for a feast, somehow I (we) just missed this mashing bit and left
the beans intact.  The dish is very good that way as well.
Olwen