SC - stollen

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 09:36:13 PST 2001

Genevieve wrote:

> Thanks again to Laurene and Bear for their suggestions on how to adapt the posted stollen recipes for the breadmaker.  I ended up trying one (the Christmas stollen) this weekend.  Very OOP - I mean, whoever heard of a breadmaker in the Middle Ages!

Hello, if we were the rich nobles we pretend to be, we would have servants to do a lot of this work.  Let me introduce you to my servants, KitchenAid, Cuisinart and Kenmore, and of course my Scottish scribe Macintosh!

> If anyone's interested, I could send/post my modifications.  Though by the sounds of the postings on this list, not too many other people are yeast-killers like me.
>
> BTW, the modification is _very_ forgiving; I forgot to let the bread rise after shaping (put immediately into the preheated oven) and it still turned out!

Si ja da!  I always want recipes, particularly good sweets.  Perhaps I just need a little Christmas right this very minute... o/ o/ o/

Selene