SC - Bidding for Feast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 25 16:55:04 PST 2001

Liadan commented:
> Chicken 1/4's are regularly $.49 per pound here.  Right now they're on sale
> for $.37 per pound.  I'd buy some anticipating doing a feast, but I'm not
> sure if I can afford the expense without being reimbursed until September.
> I'm planning to go to Pennsic in August, so I'm keeping a tight budget
> until I know I have enough money saved to make the trip.

You shouldn't have to wait until the event to get re-imbursed. In our
barony, once the event bid has been accepted the headcook can get an
advance on the feast costs.

Our barony has generally kept a fair amount of money in the bank,
ranging from $4000 to $7000, for just such situations. The site costs
alone can easily be over a thousand dollars. I think the idea has been
that we could lose our shirts on two successive events and still have
money.

You can make due with less if you are creative and persistant. The shire
just south of us, the Shire of Ffynon Gath had three events in a row get
rained out, however since they had managed to round up donations for
much of their food things were not as bad as they might have been.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net