SC - Bidding for Feast

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 25 17:06:30 PST 2001

Khadijah said:
> urizen at clear.net.nz writes:
> > > What happens if you underbid the costs of the feast?  Who pays the
> > > overage?
> >
> > The group. I'd be horrified to hear that a _cook_ working to an
> > approved budget would get hit for overruns in any normal
>
>      Be horrified... It takes some pretty unusual occurence for my local
> group to pay for any accidental budget overruns, including ingredient price
> fluctuations due to odd or extreme circumstances...

Then this must vary from region to region. Here, I don't think either
the event steward or the headcook has ever been asked to cover overages.
They may or may not ever get a bid accepted in the future though, depending
upon the circumstances.

An event a while back lost a horrendous amount of money, principally
because of the event stewards inability to create a budget and stick
to it. This was apparently not the first time they had done this. It
may be a long time before this husband and wife team does another event
but the barony did cover the expenses.

We also now have a deadline now for submitting reciepts. I think it is
several weeks after an event. It is well announced. After this time, any
unsubmitted reciepts are considered a "donation" to the group. This does
help simply the bookkeeping.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net