SC - Bidding for Feast

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Mar 26 12:15:39 PST 2001

> > What happens if you underbid the costs of the feast?  Who pays the
> > overage?
> The group. I'd be horrified to hear that a _cook_ working to an
> approved budget would get hit for overruns in any normal
> circumstances.

Well, actually, my home group does have a policy that reimbursements over
the budgeted cost are at the discretion of the autocrat. Apparently, there
were problems with excessive overruns ($200 or more) at one point. The
trick, I'm told, is for the cook to build some flexibility into the budge
for him/herself so that they have a 'cushion' to cover over-runs.

As an autocrat, I'd be really upset if my event ended up losing money
because the cook decided not to re-work the menu to stay in budget.

> >What about meals while you're cooking feast? Bring a sack lunch?
> Yes. The feast doesn't feed the crew. Cooks will sometimes provide
> beer or chocolate for their staff.

We've tried sending dayboard trays up to the main feast kitchen. Sometimes
feast cooks want it, sometimes they don't.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."