SC - Bidding for Feast

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Mar 26 21:16:54 PST 2001

Chris Stanifer wrote:

>  Please don't ask the
> butcher to give you pork tenderloin, unless that is
> really what you want (which it sounds like it ain't).
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (who was sure some of the others on this list would
> have caught this by now...)

It crossed my mind, but this entire thread has pretty much passed me by
in a blur. At the risk of seeming pedantic, the fact is that this
terminology exists for a reason. Some of it probably is pretty
arbitrary, but it enables butchers and cooks to communicate effectively.

Adamantius (who gets ticked off by people calling strip steaks "sirloin"
;  )
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com