SC - Pottage called Peach-Dish

William E. Lyon lyonsden at htcomp.net
Tue Mar 27 07:14:21 PST 2001

Good fellows all,

One might wish to be careful with the serving of peach pits even as
a jest as the inner seed (also known as bitter almonds) is a source
of Arsenic. A couple of bitter almonds will not hurt most people, more
than that will kill you.  How many more I am not sure.

Sincerly,
Ealasaid
And it came to pass on 26 Mar 01, , that Christine Seelye-King wrote:

> This weekend, I tried the following recipe translated and posted by Lady
> Brighid.  It was absolutely yummy, and was declared a winner among period
> recipes.  Below is the original, and my experiment last night.
> Christianna

I redacted this once.  I found it tasty, but too caloric for my
personal use.  I used frozen peach slices, fresh peaches not being
in season.  You, as I recall, can get them cheaply in season.

If you were serving this sauce at a feast, it might be amusing to
serve peach pits as well.  You could explain to the feasters that
you were being very thrifty, and not wasting any part of the
peach.... :-)