SC - pickled fish with sour cream

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 04:57:22 PST 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<< There is presumably evidence that fish were pickled in this manner in period (I haven't personally found and examined the references), but there are no recipes. >>>>>

Neapolitan Cuisine has a recipe for fish marinated in vinegar.  We did it last year here in Atlanta for a Crown List feast, but as a side tasting dish.  went quite well, and received much interest, to our surprise.  I may try it again in some role or another at a feast.  I'm not a spoon tease because I don't have the recipe we used, though I'll be willing to type in the text from Scully tonight.

niccolo difrancesco