SC - OOP - "White List" question

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 07:10:42 PST 2001

In a message dated 3/27/01 8:02:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jugglethis at yahoo.com writes:

<< but
 it's not as bad as my source made it out to be.

 In light of this news... >>

It IS that bad. The rediculus regulations will classify ALL new species as
invasive until they are proven otherwise. Think about it. This 'white list'
thing is far more insidious than you realize. I would study it more
thoroughly if I were you. This proposal would effectively completely halt the
introduction of any new plant species which are not indigenous (vegetables,
fruits, lumber, ornamental, medicinal, you name it). While you are studying
it further, I would highly recommend that everyone immediately write their
congressmen and senators expressing their horror and outrage that the
government would even consider such an authoritarian propoposal let alone
treat it with anything except the horror it deserves. If such a proposal were
in place  years and yearts ago we would not have corn, potatoes, tomatoes,
beans, kiwi fruit and hundreds of other plants FREELY available to the
average gardener.

BTW, this proposal is suported  by giant agri-business industries. The very
ones who have the most to gain from it. Does plant patents and genetic
engineering ring any bells?

Ras
(who is consentratinga section of his garden fpr planting seeds  that come
from unusual and useful foriegn species this year. Discrimination, whether
of carrot or man is just as evil, IMO)