SC - Wontons

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 13:32:58 PST 2001

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Many of the larger dumplings will call for
> boiling them in
> peculiar (but workable) methods such as bringing the
> water back to a
> boil, then adding a glass of cold water, then
> bringing it to a boil
> again, with or without repeating the process,
> depending on size.

This is the same method for cooking certain buckwheat
noodles.  Judging from experience alone, I believe the
method allows the noodle to cook through, without
swelling so much.  It sounds reasonable to apply the
same method to a filled dumpling, as well, or any item
which requires the inside to be fully cooked without
over cooking the outside.  I'll have to look into this
further.

Balthazar of Blackmoor