SC - Charoset, revisited--OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Mar 31 06:46:13 PST 2001

I checked with a friend of mine who keeps kosher, and he sent me the
following recipe, which I understand is really wonderful.  It is not
period, but good anyway:

Second, charoset:  recipe from our local (Ann Arbor) Hadassah cookbook
from
years and years ago:  1 apple pared, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 t
cinnamon, 1
t. sugar or honey, 1-2 Tb. red wine    Chop or coarsely grate the apple
and
mash thoroughly with the remaining ingredients.  Beat until the mixture
is
smooth and free of lumps.  If desired, correct seasoning to taste.  My
cousin
said that she cuisinarts part of the apples and chops the rest to give
more
interesting texture.

Kiri