SC - S. canadensis correction

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 11:09:27 PDT 2001

I just agreed to do my first stint as head cook at
Storvik's Novice tourney on June 30.  It is a one day
event and we are planning a lunch about 2 hours after
site opens (no feast).  We are including the light
lunch in the cost of the site and since there is a
Kingdom War Practice after the tourney I was just told
that I should plan for about 100 people (but it might
be more at the last minute) at $2/head.  There is no
kitchen, just a picnic pavillion.

Due to several factors (1 - I have no outdoor cooking
experience, 2 - I have helped cook 2 feasts but have
no other large group cooking experience, 3 - the lunch
is only 2 hours into the event) I want to have precook
everything and make it a cold lunch.  The Baroness
made a suggestion that we do it sort of "bag lunch"
wraping each person's lunch in a piece of cloth and
letting them eat where they may as opposed to serving
actual tables.

What I am thinking off the top of my head is
individual meat pasties (with some veggie ones cooked
for those who don't want meat), a piece of fruit,
maybe a hunk of cheese, and some sort of desserty
thing (cookie like?).  I am also planning on making
lemonade and some sort of syrup drink - the baroness
has requested not straight sekanjabin since she does
not like mint.

I have basically 2 months to freak out and then plan
this thing and I have confidence based on 2 years of
reading all your good advice to other new cooks.  Does
anyone have any advice that would work here?

Orlaith of Storvik