SC - Re: Wierd but Cool Kitchen Gadgets

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 22:37:55 PDT 2001

>Umm... perhaps I mis-typed, but I don't think so. The coconut _water_ is
>fine. Fresh coconut _milk_, the real stuff *squeezed* straight out of
>the coconut, is what will give you the trots. There is a difference.
>
>'Lainie

Gee, i drank plenty of that in Indonesia, too, besides cooking with
it frequently. Still no gastric distress. Perhaps it's an individual
sensitivity, like the pineapple/kiwi problem that came up earlier...

Only time i got sick was after drinking coffee in a Chinese
restaurant in Den Pasar, Bali. My single bad intestinal whatever -
and i didn't know until AFTER i boarded the bus for the VERY LONG
ride back to Jakarta. Had me doing the butt clench for a short while.
Fortunately, Indonesian jamu (herbal medicine) did the trick, and i
was, uh, solidified sufficiently for a sanitary ride home. Errr, TMI?
Sorry...

Anahita