SC -pickles/olives

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed May 2 11:56:37 PDT 2001

> You also might consider pickles. Not only period but flavorful. I'd have
> whole one and sliced ones for sparking up sandwiches if people put stuff in
> the middle of bread.

Pickles! Could I have forgotten pickles?! Cheap and easy is getting the
big jars of whole dills, which when sliced into spears appear to have MORE
volume than pickles bought as jarred spears. Bread & Butter or sweet
pickles go quickly. Olives are snapped up immediately around here, but
they are very expensive. Pickled mushrooms always have an audience, but
don't mix them in with anything else. Other kinds of pickles also go well.

> It is also nice to have a variety of sauces such as
> mustard, which can be made well ahead of time and stored in the preverbally
> cool dry place. Many are much better after aging a little.

They are also lots of fun...

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net