SC - Apples in summer?

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Wed May 2 12:31:23 PDT 2001

Bear, I'm not argueing with you. It was your message I was remembering
that gave the questions on this midden find being real.

But, how/why would you "accidentally" import a banana peel from the
Canaries? And maybe more telling, how would a peel from a maybe rotten
banana get from the ship to a midden somewhere inland? I would expect
any such refuse to get pitched or swept overboard, not carried inland.
Any idea how far this midden was from the ocean? Or maybe more important
in this case, from the Thames?

Stefan