[Sca-cooks] Herb/Spice synonym list?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 10:36:08 PDT 2001

I have noticed quite a number of different web sites
with lists of herbs/spices, and synonyms for these
items in numerous other languages.  Would a searchable
list of these items/synonyms be useful to us in our
research?  I'm thinking, in particular, a list into
which you could enter the name of an "unknown" spice,
possibly in a foreign language, and retrieve a
selection of synonyms for that spice/herb.  This might
help fledgling cooks working from foreign language
texts, and even experienced translators.

The reason I am suggesting a single list, rather than
simply checking one of the numerous lists on the
internet, is that I have noticed not all lists give
the same information.  Some synonyms are left out on
one list, while others are included elsewhere.

It would be helpful to me...anyone else?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Spiders are relatively high in protein...but they tickle.