RE [Sca-cooks] OT Ainsley Harriot

Lisbeth Herr-Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon May 14 10:57:44 PDT 2001

After intensive research, we have deduced several cast-iron facts in the kitchens in which I work:

Soothing celtic strains are best for morning and early afternoon work. Best are sappy, emotional songs one can sing along to.

During our brief after-lunch break, we prefer live music, the bawdier the better.

And, during that  three-hours till feast rush, nothing but CCR will do. Of course, we need dead silence (except the sound of cooking food) for the last hour. Delicate Artistes must concentrate on the minute details of garnishment, after all.

LOL

Aoife

Serian wrote:
I almost always sing while cooking!  It enhances the flavor
of the food and the mood of the cooks!  If you want to call
your spices by their first names, that's none of my affair!
:) :) :)
serian

Lord Boroghul Khara wrote:

> Does this mean I should start talking about Susie Salt and Percy Pepper and
> singing while working on feasts?   Wait a sec.. I already do sing while
> cooking (much to the dismay of everyone working with me, that is)
>
> Boroghul

"History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History
is who we are and why we are the way we are." -David
McCullough

"History is a vast early warning system."-Norman
Cousins

"History is the record of an encounter between character
and circumstance." -Donald Creighton