[Sca-cooks] doggie jerky

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 17 21:59:46 PDT 2001

Olwen asked:
> > > _Begging_ for a recipe for dog? Sit boy, sit! Speak! Roll over!...
> > >
> > > (where'd I put that box of treats...)
> >
> >Uhh? Would that be doggie jerkie?
> >--
> >THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
>
> Shame on you Stefan.  You forgot to post the file!

Well, no one has posted any info on dogs being eaten in period
Europe, yet.

When they do, then I will probably add it to the Florilegium. In the
meantime, I do have this file which covers the methodology and some
spice combinations for dried meats in general.
drying-foods-msg  (45K)  1/12/01    Drying foods in period and for the SCA.

If you try this out on any dog meat, please let us know how it works
out for you or perhaps bring some to the SCA-Cooks get-together at
Pennsic. :-)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net