[Sca-cooks] question of Italian meats

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon May 21 18:54:43 PDT 2001

Hi everyone!

I'm working on precook for Egils this weekend (it looks like I'll be
feeding 12! Ack!) and I have a question. Two of the recipes I'm using
are from _The Medieval Kitchen_ and call for pancetta. The deli at
Safeway didn't have any and I'm not minded to go running all over town-
I don't have time or energy and I have to just get these done. So I got
som prosciuttio instead. Will this work? Anything I should know about
substituting? Would someone pull me aside next April and remove the
portion of my brain that says "SUre- I can do that! How many? No
problem!" Of course most of this number is teenagers and I figure they
will vacuum up just about anything...

'Lainie