[Sca-cooks] Greetings

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed May 30 10:42:34 PDT 2001

Master Thomas said:
> My main interest is medieval food and cookery. Whil=
> e I am interested in all the cuisines of medieval Europe, my focus is on th=
> e cuisines of Spain and particularly that of Catalunya.

Welcome to this list, Master Thomas.

Are you concentrating on a particular time period in Spain?

For those less than versed in these kinds of things, what/where is
"Catalunya"?

> Some of you may be =
> aware that I am working on a cookbook of all extant manuscripts of the Libr=
> e de Sent Sovi (ca 1324), and I have a booklet in the final stages of devel=
> opment at this time.

Wonderful. Please let us know when it is available on either the web or
in print form.

> I beg your patience, for although I am a computer professional, this is my =
> second list (the other being Medieval_Spain).

While much of this material may be known to you, perhaps some of this
will be new. In the FOOD-BY-REGION section of my Florilegium is a file
of the best messages from this group having to do with Spanish food:
fd-Spain-msg     (102K) 12/ 4/00    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.

And in the new FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nola's
                                       1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                       Lenten recipes.
  (This is the file that several other messages have mentioned today.
This file just went "live" this past weekend.

If you have any comments, criticisms or suggestions about these files,
please feel free to forward them to this list for discussion, or to
Lady Brighid or myself by email.

The Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

THLord Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra