SC - What would you do? or 2 months to freak out

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 08:24:34 PDT 2001

> > Actually, oranges might be okay as both sweet and sour oranges were
> > used by 1600. Perhaps apples or grapes might be better choices though.
>
> I'm uncomfortable with serving apples in midsummer... anybody else?

Strawberries, if you can get little ones [the honkin' big strawberries we see
now are the result of crossbreeding with American large-but-bland berries], and
other berries will still be around by midsummer.  Stone fruit should be out by
then, there's nothing lovlier than a fragrant fresh peach!  Plums, cherries,
apricots etc.  If you can find little single-serving-sized baskets for the
fruits, so much the better for looks as well as portion control.

Selene