SC - bananas

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed May 2 12:02:22 PDT 2001

What's even worse is that the bananas they would have been eating... those
lovely things they grow in the Canaries -- taste completely different from
what we buy at the supermarket.  But they are over-ripe and brown within
hours after they are removed from the trees, and when something has to be
sacrificed for marketability/transportability, the something is always
flavor.

I ate bananas on Gomera, in the Canaries, until I just about popped.... and
it was a long time before I could stomach the ones at home again.

jenne at mail.browser.net